2012年7月30日 星期一

I capture the things I see and others can see as well

Silence Does Not Equal Approval | Illustrated Women

Thomas Leuthard - 85mm Street Photography JUNE 11, 2011 AT 11:18 AM

Dear Tattooed Women

I’m the photographer of this photo. First of all it’s not a gender thing. If it would have been a man I would have done the same. Secondly, I take photos of any kind of strangers in a candid, not asked way, on the street. So it’s not the tattoos who made me point the camera. I’m a street photographer and the purpose of my work is life on the street, as it happens. I do not ask, I do not setup, I just shoot, what I see. I know that some people don’t like that, but that’s how it is.

As long as I capture the things I see and others can see as well, I don’t think that this is a problem. I do not discover things that are covered, just the things everybody can see. There are always two points of a view.

P.S. I thanked her for the shot and she didn’t say anything negative about it. So I guess she was fine with it.